Mittwoch, März 15, 2006

Chewing on the Cud

Is anyone else as slow as me? I usually feel like my brain consists of mostly mush. How do I process all the data? How do we gain wisdom? I know, I know. Ask for it. How then do we obey? Obey...?

Wasted opportunities. But then there were great opportunities God threw in my lap and I had no choice but to speak the Truth. Focus. That is what is needed. Focus.

I was able to sit in on a great conversation with the men I live with and some friends (who I until recently lived with). The topic was a little varied. Starting off with the stressing of the immanent coming of the Kingdom of God. The Kingdom is at hand. We must take hold of every moment we have to spread the good news. To let others know.

It amazes me how little I know. How small my perspective. How small my faith. Alas, it is good to be challenged. It is good to have people to look up to. It is okay to be precisely where I am. Where else could I be? I am a slow learner. I/we must plead for God's help to understand more and more of what it means to follow Him, so be His slave, to focus ALL my/our energy on the pursuit of what is eternal: "Only one life, twill soon be past, only wht was done for Christ will last."

We are not our own. We are slaves. It is not a question of obedience. "Which of you, having a slave plowing or tending sheep, will say to him when he has come in from the field, 'Come immediately and sit down to eat'? But will he not say to him, 'Prepare something for me to eat, and properly clothe yourself and serve me while I eat and drink'? He does not thank the slave because he did the things which were commanded, does he? So you too, when you do all the things which are commanded you, say, 'We are unworthy slaves; we have done only that which we ought to have done.' "

Jesus, please continue to be patient with me/us. Thank You for the honor and pleasure to be in the game. Thank You for wanting to use me/us to win the victory You could so easily achieve on your own without me. I/we am/are slow Jesus. You know me/us better than I/we know myself/ourselves. You've said that You will complete the good work you've begun in me/us (Phil. 1.6). Please remember that promise. I/we am/are only the pot, Great Potter. What can I/we achieve apart from You? How can I/we question your craftsmanship of me/us? Lead me/us in the way that I/we should go, Dearest, my Beloved. I/we desire to be fruitful. I/we desire to magnify you. Refine me/us. Make me/us a sharper tool for the glory of your name.

1 Comments:

Blogger Abigail... said...

YAY! You put it back :-)

YOU DO realize you're going to need to post EVERY DAY for the next week to make up for when you're gone, right? no pressure...hehe.

good one, by the way..

7:17 PM  

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home