Donnerstag, März 23, 2006

The one and only Edythe Calhoun

Please pray that the Father's will will be done. Other than her hip giving her constant and intense pain she is in wonderful condition for someone her age. At least one doctor said that she could easily live to be 100+. But her hip has progressively deteriorated to the point where she would rather take the chance of death than continue to live in increasing pain and decreasing mobility. So please pray that she'll continue living. I'm not sure that I am ready for her to go be with the Father, even though she is ready for either outcome.

I wish I could express even a small part of how awesome a woman my Grandma is. She is not perfect. She isn't without flaw. But she is wonderful. She is naive and childlike. She is encouraging and challenging. She is forgetful and sometimes fearful. She is protective and patient. She is gullible. She is sweat to everyone. She has snored as long as I can remember. She serves every way she is able. She sings with her lips curled over her teeth so her dentures don't fall out. She sings at 93 better than most of us will ever sing. She has half a dozen notebooks for contact information and usually can't remember where she put any of them. She reads everything, word for word, that passes through her hands (several times because she forgot that she has already read it). She underlines anything in the Bible that moves her in some way (almost all of it is underlined). She dyes her hair brown. She tries to give up her bed to her guests, without fail. She sees potential for greatness where anyone else just sees the mundane. She will listen to anyone's story for as long as they want to talk. She has plenty of stories herself and loves to tell the same ones over. Every time she eats something, it is the best of that dish she has ever had. Each piece of fruit is the sweetest she's ever tasted. She always views everyone else as more important than herself. She prays for me everyday. She prays for so many people everyday (if her body let her, she would be on her knees before her Precious Savior). She cries over in pain in life, hers and everyone else's. She rejoices in all the wonderful things of life. She gives to anyone who asks of her. She loves, she loves, she loves. All who meet her love her.

Please pray for my Grandma, Edythe Calhoun. She gave me my first bath when I came home from the hospital when I was born. She prayed with me as I asked Jesus into my heart. She loved me before I ever knew what love was. She... is inexplicable. God delights in her. And He loved her before anyone knew what love was.

She is His craftmanship and I thank Him for every moment I've had with her. May I have more. Please let me have many more moments with her, Father.

2 Comments:

Blogger Abigail... said...

wow.
THAT has to be one of the most beautiful things I've ever read. seriously. I feel like I KNOW your grandmother! and I LOVE her...
I will definitely be praying for her and her Doctors, and may the Lord shine His grace upon them.

12:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonym said...

Every word that you wrote resounded with your love and His love!!
Sie sind eine wunderbar Mann! Ich moechte meine deutsche war besser....Auny D

10:57 PM  

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home