Mittwoch, August 23, 2006

"...alles auf dem Weg..."

I'm waiting to leave Fort Benning. I'm bound for new thinks. To me that is. (I just misspelled "things" as "thinks." Ironic really. I will undoubtedly be stretched to new limits in variety of ways in whatever awaits me in the future.)

At any rate... Just doing a bit of a mind dump. Hmmm...

My brother Josh is visiting me here as I am... awaiting... attempting... to finish up my time here. It is good to have him around. Good to be friends with your brothers. More than good, it is one of the greatest blessings a man can experience.

One thing that is a part of the military is planning. Anything that the Army does has a purpose and a plan to accomplish that purpose. In the same manner Followers of Christ have a purpose. A goal. A desired and commanded endstate for us to achieve. Christ-likeness. Intimacy with God. The making of Disciples of Christ unto the ends of the Earth (and all the implied... tasks... associated with that)(oh, and I am careful to use the word that Jesus used: disciple, not merely believer). The root of disciple being "discipline." For one to be disciplined means one needs a plan. You don't become disciplined in an area of your life just because you whimsically desire it to be so in a vague sense. You must formulate actions to take to achieve what it is you are trying to accomplish.

I'm sure these ramblings are boring to anyone reading. They are to me, too. Just felt like stating this to myself really, not so much to anyone else.

I think what I'm getting at is... the line from Shawshanke Redemption hits pretty close: "Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." Or even better: "From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and violent men take it by force." - Matthew 11.12

Violence of action. Aggression. Focused aggression towards stockpiling eternal treasures. Nuts and bolts: make a plan and follow through. Fellowship with those who will uphold you/me to that plan: essential. Okay, enough with that.

Brett, out.



Currently watching:



Currently reading:

1 Comments:

Blogger RC said...

i really liked your post a lot...(although i couldn't read the title)...

it sort of reminds me of the types of things that jonathan talks about and has written on his blog before...

like jon's post here: http://jonsampson.blogspot.com/2006/07/absorb-vs-produce.html

i'm glad your brother's visiting you...i bet it's really good for both of you.

11:57 PM  

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home