Sonntag, März 26, 2006

Out for a while

I'll be out and sort of about for while. Hopefully a couple months, no more and no less with me graduating at the end of it all. Here is an email I just sent out to friends and family whose email I have.

I'm headed back to Ranger School again. This should be the real deal this time. Again, I will need and will appreciate all of your prayers for me. It will definitely be one of the hottest and most memorable furnaces of my life. Please pray that God gives me the strength, endurance, determination, wisdom and understanding to make it through all the tasks put before me. That He would give me favor in the eyes of my peers and in the eyes of my instructors. And most of all that I will cling to Him in the midst of it all and glorify Him before everyone I'm around. That He'll give me the focus to see AND obey whenever I have an opportunity to point others to Jesus.

I would love to see you when I graduate from this school down in Fort Benning, GA. Here are the possible graduation dates for me. The first being when I hope and pray I'll graduate, the latter dates being if I must repeat any part of the school.

May 26
June 30
Aug 4
Aug 25

I just looked at an old email I sent out previously and thought I'd just copy and paste what prayers I requested. So these too, in additon to what I said above, please. Haha.

1) That in the midst of it all, we keep the main thing, the main thing by taking the time to get in His word and hide it in our hearts (Matt. 22.37-40)

2) A desire to do all things for the glorification and proclamation of Jesus

3) Joy and rejoicing that all tribulations and sufferings are God's working in our lives (Romans 5.3-5)

4) Perseverance, perseverance, perseverance and FAITH in God's power to get us through all things and that no matter what happens we will praise God's name and trust that He uses it all
5) That when things do not turn out like we hope that we'll not waste time dwelling on what is behind by asking "why?" but rather focus our attention on the present and the future by asking "what now?"
6) That we will boldly proclaim the mystery of the gospel through our words, actions and attitudes (Eph. 6.19-20)
7) That we will ourselves be shrewd and make the most of every opportunity (Luke 16.10)

8) Strength and wholeness of spirit, mind and body

9) A sense of humor and a worshipful heart that praises God's beauty, mercy and grace in all circumstances


And here are mailing addresses you can send mail to while I'm at Ranger school and it should reach me.

The first 3 weeks or so (Phase 1):

Brett Wilson
Benning
4th RTB
ATTN: Class 27 March 06
10850 Schneider Rd
Fort Benning, GA 31905

The second 3 weeks - post (Phase 2)

Brett Wilson
Mountain
5th RTB
ATTN: Class 27 March 06
1 Camp Merrill
Dahlonega, GA 30533-1802

The third 3 weeks - post (Phase 3)

Brett Wilson
Florida
6th RTB
ATTN: Class 27 Marc 06
6069 Walkers Lane
Camp James E Rudder
Eglin AFB, FL 32542



Any letters you send will be like solid gold. Be aware that sending food may not get to me. You can try if you want, but I'm not sure when the opportunities will arise for us to be able to eat it. There are only a couple times when they let us eat food from care packages. Letters with a picture or two is certainly good at any time. I know I must sound like a broken record, so thanks for reading the same requests over and over.

I love you all and will be thinking of you and praying for you.

Trusting in Him. Trying to follow Him.

Brett

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonym said...

I commit to write to you with funny cards...I want to always brighten your day! Aunt Donnave
( I almost sent this w/o remembering to sign it...that would've been funny!)

3:34 PM  
Blogger Abigail... said...

me too, me too! I'm really really good at long distance communications...I've had lots of training!
But, I wish you well in all your endeavors and we'll see you on the other side :-)
May the Lord bless and keep you!
And as my father always says, "Be good."

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonym said...

Das Beten ist unaufhörlich. Ich bete für dich immer...mitliebe ~ M

12:41 AM  

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home