Sonntag, Oktober 15, 2006

Breaking my Post Fast

Actually, I haven't exactly been fasting for any intent or purpose. I just, as I'm sure anyone who checks this blog realizes, don't blog consistently. Not good for reader retention, I know. Sorry, if you care. There might be two of you out there. And one of those two is, I must playfully say, at fault for some of my inconsistency.

Abigail. It is all your fault. If you weren't so wonderful (and smoking in the looks department) then I wouldn't have wanted to be anything more for us than a friendship. And if you hadn't so astonishingly wanted the same in me, well, I'd have been crushed and had lots of anguish to fuel posts. Furthermore, if you hadn't let me spend my time at home so blissfully in your presence, blogging would have been an option. And now that we have been asunder because of my occupation your charms force me to call you and talk to you so frequently. Look, now that I'm finally blogging, I'm talking about you. You're ruining this post for everyone else. It is all your fault. Or mostly. Or not at all. Okay, fine. You're not really to blame at all, but I wanted an excuse for trying to express in a slightly humorous way how glad I am God has so mercifully and graciously allowed me to have you in my life. Okay, that is all the gushing I'll do for now.

So for everyone else, or rather, the one other person who has happened upon this blog, I have an amazing lady in my life now. You probably know her or have at least heard about her: the one and only Abigail Abt.

And as for other news in my life: I'm at Fort Lewis now. Or should I say finally. I was originally scheduled to be here in June... it is mid-October. So yeah, my time in Georgia was a bit longer than planned. Now that I've arrived I have been told I may not be in the same unit as I previously thought. Not something I'd expected or hoped for. So I'm going to try, tomorrow, to see what I can do about getting back into that unit that I was originally assigned to. If it doesn't work out though, well, I'll have to trust that it is all in God's plan. And really, all I desire, beyond all my selfish and prideful longings, is to see His eternal kingdom expanded through my life. So please pray for that to be accomplished in and through me. And that I'll trust Him for all the rest.

Plenty more to say, but it will have to wait for later. I'm off for now. Hope you remain patient with me and wait till another post. Thanks for reading and for your prayers.

4 Comments:

Blogger Carina said...

Yay! Abbey finally got an HHB! Yes...she really IS as amazing as you make her out to be...and totally SMOKING.

One day...you should ask her if she would go to Disneyland with you. I'm sure she would consider it.

4:50 PM  
Blogger Abigail... said...

we really need to get you a site counter...so you you'll know that more than TWO people read this blog...I know for a FACT more read it-because I get lots of people coming to my blog through yours...

oh...and thanks....that's enough to make a girl blush.

5:17 PM  
Blogger Brett said...

I don't follow on the Disneyland thing... you or Abigail will have to explain.

5:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonym said...

Brettimus- I believe I need to see a picture of the Abigail girl. She sounds amazing and I couldn't be more happy for you. I'm glad to see you're blogging again...reading celebrity gossip on prerezhilton.com just hasn't been satisfying enough lately. You're in my thoughts and prayers.
-Monica

4:42 PM  

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home