Dienstag, Oktober 17, 2006

Cursory Update

I just found out today that I was in fact switched into a new unit... but then switched back shortly after. So as it stands I will be deploying mid November. Thank you for your prayers concerning the matter and thank you for your prayers concerning my future overseas.

Also in the (Brett)news: my good friend Charlie and I had dinner with a couple here in the Ft. Lewis area tonight that work for Navigators. If that means nothing to you, Navigators is the organization that the ministry in Ft. Benning is associated with, which Charlie and I were a part of during the past year while we were in Georgia.

We had a great time talking over and after dinner. It was very encouraging to find that there are certainly people here that have the same vision for discipleship in the example of Christ in daily life. Indeed, they have been pursuing the vision Charlie and I have recently caught longer than we have been alive! At any rate, I'm sure I'm not really making myself terribly clear, so I apologize, but I am rather sleepy and am longing to lay my head down to rest.

So take heart anyone taking the time to check this thing. I've just posted twice in as many days! I may yet make myself clearer and go into greater detail as to what I'm rather clumsily explaining/mentioning.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonym said...

So three times is a charm....lol... i like that you have posted it three times it makes us all know and understand just how tired you are.

Does this mean that you and Charlie are leaving together? Is there any possible way that you would be together once you arrived there?

I am glad that things worked out.. of course a small part of me was rather content with you not going to iraq, but at the same time I could see that going is what God has put on your heart and I am sure he will use you in furthering the kingdom. What greater place to do so, honestly i can not imagine one. and..... honestly i have about 90 8th graders that would have been rather dissappointed if they did not have an iraq buddy! lol.. :)

I love you Brett! Take care and send me an address!!!

8:46 AM  

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home