Montag, November 13, 2006

My little known experiences as a pilot... and broadway performer.

In answer to... I'm guess one of my unidentified brother's question, here is a quick recounting of the events surrounding my piloting of an airplane.

Funny story about the plane. It was at a date auction (a fund raiser for missions and the date activities were auctioned, not the person) and I won the date for a plane ride around Ft. Worth. My friend Hillary's dad was a pilot and he gave us a ride over the city. During the ride he let me take the controls... of course he was ready to take over, but I figured that was close enough.

Also connected to that story is the account of how two dorm buddies from Clark Hall (Brian (who we always referred to by his last name, which I oddly cannot remember) and Chris Mattingly) and I ourselves got auctioned off at the same event. The date we treated three lucky ladies to was some first class spaghetti and then smores around an outdoor fireplace (which apparently we were supposed to have scheduled with the school to use!). The highlight of the evening was our song and dance rendition of "My Little Buttercup" from the classic comedy Three Amigos. I'm not sure but I think someone video taped us.

Anyone knows what happened to the tape?