Freitag, Dezember 22, 2006

He has set eternity in our hearts

Friends, I thought I would just encourage you all to seek after what is lasting.

Seek what is eternal. Hide His word in your heart. Do not waste your days on what is useless.

"Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and unfathomable His ways!" Romans 11.33

"He has made everything appropriate in its time He has also set eternity in their heart, yet so that man will not find out the work which God has done from the beginning even to the end." Ecclesiastes 3.11

"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal;" Matthew 6.20


And risk everything for the surpassing and supreme sake of Jesus Christ.

"More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ," Phil. 3.8

"If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple." Luke 14.26

Compared to the love you have for Christ, all other loves must be as hate. Not that you should hate your family, but that you love Jesus so exponentially and vastly more. That you, that we will risk everything, even the lives of our most precious in order to further the Gospel of Christ even one mile.

Let us accept His finished love for us and live as pilgrims in this fading world.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonym said...

..........brett................
That touched me. I love you, I'm proud of you and overjoyed to hear your heart before the Father. He must be saying,"Yeah, that's My boy, Brett."
Mom

9:08 PM  

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home