Freitag, Februar 16, 2007

I'm stoked!

God's blessings are sweet and wonderful.

Why I'm excited: Abigail gets a week off when the students at Nacogdoches High School have spring break (her work schedule generally follows the schedule of the students). The fact that she gets time off is great, but even better is that she is going to come to Washington and spend that time with ME! Great right? It gets better.

I have a dear friend, Stephani, who is getting married the Saturday after Abigail's time off starts. I wanted to go to the wedding but needed to first get permission to exceed the milage limit that my job puts on me for general travel during "off duty" time. So talking with one of my bosses about getting permission to go he mentioned the idea of asking the big boss for the Friday and Monday off from work. This can be granted and not count as real vacation time. I never would have thought to ask this, but as Boss 1 said, why not ask? So I did. Boss 2 said, "no prob Bob."

Ergo, visa vee, concordantly, I get to see Abigail for about 8 days. Because of getting off from work and then because the following Friday is already an off day for the whole post, I'm going to only have to work 3 out of 8 days Abigail and I are together!

Can it get much better than that? I submit that it cannot (of course it can, but hey, not by much)!

I mean, how sweet is that!

Speaking of sweetness, I was able to get Abigail a cake for Valentine's Day and the report was that it went over very well. I hear her family partook of it with her, so I guess I got Brownie Points, or should I should Cake Points, with them as well.




Sweet...

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Abigail... said...

YAAAAY! I am beyond excited about seeing yooooou!!!

( and Kristy had some of my cake for Breakfast this morning and so you are fast becoming the MOST popular person ever....of course, that's it...I'm not sharing ANY MORE of my cake! ;-)

2:12 AM  

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home