Sonntag, Februar 25, 2007

My Life's Soundtrack.... in case you were wondering...

IF YOUR LIFE WAS A MOVIE, WHAT WOULD THE SOUNDTRACK BE?
So, here's how it works:
1. Open your library (iTunes, Winamp, Media Player, iPod, etc)
2. Put it on shuffle
3. Press play
4. For every question, type the song that's playing
5. When you go to a new question, press the next button
6. Don't lie and try to pretend you're cool...


Opening Credits: "What if I Stumble" -DC Talk

Waking Up: "Who Put the Alphabet in Alphabetical Order?" -They Might Be Giants

First Day At School: "A Day Without Rain" -Enya

Falling In Love: "Dig Your Grave" -Modest Mouse

Fight Song: "The Night Descending" -Iron & Wine

Breaking Up: "The Conflict" -Tears for Fears

Prom: "Life and Love and Why" -Switchfoot

Life: "While the Nations Rage" -Rich Mullins

Mental Breakdown: "February Stars" -Foo Fighters

Driving: "Slaves to Rome" -Hans Zimmer (Gladiator Soundtrack)

Flashback: "Sam Hall" -Johnny Cash

Getting Back Together: "You Can't Handle This" -Five Iron Frenzy

Wedding: "Ty Cobb" -Soundgarden

Birth of Child: "Undecided" -Silverchair

Final Battle: "Butterfly" -Weezer

Death Scene: "I'm Free from the Chain Gang Now" -Johnny Cash

Funeral Song: "Anakin's Dark Seeds" -John Williams (Star Wars: Episode Three Score)

End Credits: "Caring is Creepy" -The Shins


Okay, so that was mildly entertaining and time wasting. I'm sure that some people find it surprising I would bother with something silly like that. I was curious. It is kind of fun and funny to see what comes up. I thought some of them were pretty humerous and one or two very fitting. Maybe I'll go back and choose the songs for all of those times that I would want. Hmmm. I've wasted enough time on this, so probably not.

3 Comments:

Blogger Abigail... said...

ok, I cant BELIEVE you just called this thing "silly" when *i* did it first!!! I NEVER do silly/unimportant things...hardly ever.

2:43 PM  
Blogger Just Josh said...

Opening Credits: Do You Call My Name – Ra

Waking Up: I See You – Robby Seay

First Day At School: Hang – Matchbox Twenty

Falling In Love: Drugs or Me – Jimmy Eat World

Fight Song: You Shook Me – Led Zeppelin

Breaking Up: Night Drive – Jimmy Eat World

Prom: Heaven (radio techno remix) – DJ Sammy & Yanou

Life: Long Long Journey - Enya

Mental Breakdown: Rockstar - Nickelback

Driving: B.I.G. Interlude – The Notorious B.I.G.

Flashback: Polyamorous – Breaking Benjamin

Getting Back Together: Look Right Through Me - Revis

Wedding: Fallible – Blues Traveler

Birth of Child: I Can’t Quit You Baby – Led Zeppelin

Final Battle: World’s Apart – Jars of Clay

Death Scene: Leaves Fall – Nickel Creek

Funeral Song: Kindness – Chris Tomlin from Passion

End Credits: Hard For Me to Say I’m Sorry - Chicago
---------------------------------
So this proved to me that i need to cull my music selection of people I don't like or listen to: Jars of Clay, Robby Seay, BIG, Led Zeppelin. Finding appropriate(and equally kick ace) tracks for each event would be cool but utterly too time consuming...

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonym said...

Go Brett- your proposal was awesome. I'm happy for you.

12:45 PM  

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home