Samstag, April 14, 2007

Lieutenant's log: Star Date 971005673.12.3... or something like that

So it was that Brett arose from his slumberous and contemplative slumbering and pondering on a fine Saturday morning. He ate a donut, chocolate to be precise, and decided it was time to post again. So now you're reading this, wondering what kind of information I would title with such a honorable title as to use a Star Trek reference. Well, somewhat indirectly related to Star Trek I did just rent the spectacular 1984 film "Dune" that starred the almost never again seen Kyle MacLachlan. Of course Sting, who also is featured in the film is still in the public eye. And much more importantly than Sting, the film was graced by the glorious presence of Patrick Stewart, who if you live under a rock, played the role of Jean-Luc Picard, who was only one of the greatest Star Fleet captains to ever live! And if that means nothing to you, you uncultured swine, then you should at least know him as the one and only Professor Charles Xavier, vigilant, stalwart, uber-powerful and virtuous leader of the X-Men, the coolest band of superheros to ever be contrived and manifested first in comic books, and now major motion pictures. I apologize for insulting anyone who was not aware of who this seminal actor is, and I apologize for insulting anyone's intelligence who did know of Patrick Stewart with that explanation.

I also rented "Lonesome Dove," which is another great viewing experience. It stars Robert Duvall, Tommy Lee Jones, Danny Glover, Diane Lane, Robert Urich, Rick Schroder and Anjelica Huston. I watch this great tv-miniseries with my mom growing up, and it has been a long time since I've seen it. I've only made it through 1 and a half hours of its 6, but I've no doubt it will be worth the time. My only question is do water-moccasins actually move through rivers in swarms and then aggressively attack people on horseback riding through a river? I think this will probably be my only moment of doubt concerning the film, and I could be very wrong to doubt its accuracy in depicting snake behavior. But that seemed odd to me. I apologize once again for throwing in a small spoiler to anyone who plans on seeing it for the first time, but rest assured, that is not a major plot twist.

At any rate, as to things that really matter in life (despite the seriousness with which I tried to compose those previous words, I do not really think you are a swine for not know who Patrick Stewart is (though I do pity you)), Abigail and I are only three months to the day away from being wed!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If the first six weeks of our engagement were any measure of the slowness to expect in the passage of time for the next three months... well, it will probably feel like an eternity. Ah, such is the convaluding nature of love and how it warps the mind. Abigail and I have created a wedsite for our... I just misspelled 'website' as 'wed-site'... that seems fitting so I'll just leave it misspelled. Anyway, our wedding has a site that you can look at for all the details you are curious about, and then some. I have to confess that we did it almost as much for our own amusement as for we did to help folks get the information they would need. At any rate there is a link to the right that will take you there. Hope you enjoy. It will have some additions. I intend to register at Sears, so all you guys who want to make your wedding gift a manly one, just wait, I will hopefully get that done soon.

To all you fellow fans of the Trek, K'pla!

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Abigail... said...

this proves how cute you are....
my question is, have you added any paragraphs of interest to our wedsite ( fabulous pun by the way...another reason why I love you)??

3:20 PM  
Blogger Abigail... said...

http://bp3.blogger.com/_9zSHfQ2hF9s/ReJhAldV6PI/AAAAAAAAADM/FVoVFvb8MtU/s1600-h/kirk.jpg

11:10 PM  
Blogger Brett said...

I know there are a lot of grammatical airors on this poste but since I waste an embarrassingly bigg amount of time editing and rewriting my emails at work, I'm going to exercise my self-control and let you all cee just how dyslexic and fallible I am.

3:34 AM  
Blogger Bing said...

Who cares about the errors- you made great puns and watched 'Dune' this weekend.

You do rock.
Bing (friend of Abigail)

11:33 PM  
Blogger Lyds said...

Booo! Blog already - we wanna hear your side of the proposal =)

6:16 AM  

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home